I'll skip over the gory details, but needless to say the kit wasn't a simple bolt-in, the caliper leaked like hell, the disc took an age to get to run true; the old master cylinder wouldn't operate the brake properly so I ended up sourcing a larger-bore master cylinder (used) which then needed a rebuild kit.....you get the picture. Then right in the middle of the job Nick got ill and lost his premises, so I've been pulling my hair out (well, if I had any) with frustration for the last couple of weeks.
Finally, I collected her today. The brakes work, the forks spring instead of crashing, in fact she does feel a bit more together. And the new brake is shiny. The bill for the parts was ridiculous, I haven't a clue how much I'm going to get charged for labour, but at least I'm mobile again - I've been so grumpy these last few weeks without the bike you wouldn't believe, especially as we've had a really nice August. Never mind, LF is away in France so I intend to get some miles on her while I can, random trips through the Surrey countryside to try out my new handling and braking.