Wednesday 1 July 2009

Any ornithologists out there?

Inspired by Troubador I went out and bought a video camera to mount on the bike; of course I haven't got round to it yet, although I've bunked off work for a couple of days to enjoy the heatwave the UK is currently enjoying so I'm hoping to get it fixed up soon. In the meantime, however I was looking out the window when I spotted this handsome-looking chap, not being a birder I don't have a clue what he is so any answers will be gratefully received (please excuse the shaky hand, old age you know!, and don't mention the music in the background)

2 comments:

  1. Looked like a finch to me but not the same finches we have in the Pacific Northwest of the US. However, with a little research of UK birds it is a Gold Finch and a very beautiful one at that.

    Here is a link:
    http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/g/goldfinch/index.asp

    Can't wait to see how you mount the camera to your bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Troubadour; I'd recognised the greenfinches but had never seen the goldfinch up close before.

    I'm thinking of mounting the camera to the handlebars, there's a cross-piece there. Problem is, the camera will be looking thro' my small screen which looks like it has a lot of distortion to it. I may just pull off the screen.

    ReplyDelete