Tuesday 24 April 2012

Sometimes you're just too close...

...to see the obvious mistakes. I quickly fitted the bar risers to the Triumph, remembering to cover the tank so I didn't scratch the new paintwork. Then I fitted an extension spindle to the offside mirror, as all I can usually see out of it is my shoulder. Then it was off for a ride in the sun. I went off down into the pleasant Surrey lanes at a nice slow speed so the engine gets run in properly; stopped at a little village for some lunchtime refreshment where I took these couple of photos.






 Then it was off home, with a detour to my son's house to show off the bike in all it's shiny glory. 'WTF' was his first comment, followed by roars of laughter. I have to admit that, standing back and looking at the bike with detachment, the single high mirror does look a bit goofy. That spindle's coming off straight away!


 

3 comments:

  1. EL D:

    you forgot to turn your camera vertical for that 2nd photo.

    I would have just left the mirror mismatched the way it is. Better to look like a GOOF and see, than to look cool at your shoulders

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast
    My Flickr // My YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobskoot - somehow this website won't let me rotate the photos...or maybe it does and I'm just dopey enough not to be able to do it. I do have a second matching extension for the other mirror so could raise them both, not sure yet which way to go - I am at an age when it doesn't really matter what people think of me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures on the village. 'old world' charm.

    The bike does look a little wonky or lopsided with the mirrors that way. I can see how your son would chuckle.

    I'd raise the other up to see how it goes before lowering the one. Better to have 'antennae' and see like Bobskoot says.

    ReplyDelete