Monday 8 February 2010

MCN bike show









I flew down to London Friday night, stayed with my son. We'd made plans to visit the MCN Motorbike show, held out in Docklands in the Excel centre. Up early Saturday morning, caught the tube and were walking in the entrance at 9am. Got all excited by the shiny classic bikes on display, only to find the impulse purchase of a new camera at the airport hadn't paid off - couldn't get a decent picture! After a bit of fiddling with the menu I got a couple of reasonable photos, but most of them were too dark, which is a shame as I'd crept up behind a gaggle of scantily-clad MCN babes bending over........never mind.

El D jr. has his eye on a new bike, is finding his R6 a bit of a chore filtering through London traffic; I reckon either the Ducati Monster or the Triumph Street triple would suit him, but after looking at the photos I took we both decided he looked a bit gay on them, so it probably won't happen.

I did cheat on the GS a little, threw my leg over every bike there, but to be honest didn't see anything that took my fancy, so I guess we'll stick together for now. Suprisingly, we both left the show having bought absolutely nothing at all, most unusual.

Oh yeah, that new version of the Triumph Rocket 3 - the roadster; its a monster!

No comments:

Post a Comment