Sunday 6 March 2016

Hello again

Hi folks, just a quick update in case anyone is still there. Had a bad year last year, then got better at Dr Wolf's clinic in Hanover, Germany. Three months treatment and all seems to be well. Decided a complete change of lifestyle was in order to celebrate, so sold my flat, car, motorcycle, even my beloved B&O hifi, gave away everything else to charity.

After I paid the medical bills I had some money left, so am travelling with two suitcases and my LF. We've been in Hawaii now for 4 weeks on  a 3 months USA visa; laid on Waikiki beach, swam with green turtles and seen humpback whales close-up on Maui, now on the big island staring into the volcano (not at this minute, obviously) and bathing in hot pools. I'd like to post some photos but only have an iPad so not sure how to do that using Google blogger?

Hoping to get to the mainland sometime before the 3 months is up and ride a motorcycle - I did try to rent one here, but they don't use crash helmets (or any protective gear here); I asked the guy in the rental shop if he had a helmet I could rent, his answer was "no man, Harley guys like to feel the wind in their hair" . Duh!

Anyway, will try to post again soon, even if it's just to show you my awful taste in Hawaiin shirts! Aloha.

6 comments:

  1. Good to hear your positive news El D.I won't make the obvious comment about wig rental....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, John. Good to hear that you are enjoying yourself. Hawaii... good choice, and likely much better weather than this time of the year in our neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonja, warm and sunny every day - a proper tropical paradise. Hope you're not too cold in Germany.....although I was in Hanover Nov/dec/jan so I know you are!

      Delete
  3. Good to hear from you. I am so glad to hear that the treatment worked and you are out traveling and enjoying life. Let us know if you get to the west coast, we have spare motorcycles and gear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trobairitz, I'll take you up on that if I can.

      Delete