Thursday 17 November 2016

Kop hill climb

I was back in the UK for a couple of weeks in September; my son invited me to go with him to the kop hill climb. A charity event run once a year in the beautiful Buckinghamshire countryside, the organisers basically close a couple of roads, one of which is a nice narrow bendy hill, and invite everyone to blast up it. A lovely collection of vehicles attend, veteran, vintage, classic and modern bikes and cars. Everyone goes up the hill, the bikes looked and sounded great as did most of the cars. Everyone got a cheer anyway. 





Some came in period dress


I was there in the sixties and don't remember anyone riding around like this!


 There's plenty of refreshment stalls, and a little fun fair for the kids where I took my grandson for a ride on the dodgems. Unfortunately I paid no attention to health & safety, we got bumped & he headbutted the steering wheel, a great big egg-shaped lump came up on his head like in a cartoon - I got a bollocking from his Mum when we got home! Anyway, a great day out - if you're in the area its well worth a visit.


Grandad & grandson on the dodgems








Slow but fun

6 comments:

  1. What a great way to spend the day. Worth a head bump to spend it with grandpa I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a great boys day out - I don't see the little rascal very often so it's nice when I do. Plus he was born vegetarian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the exact kind of antiques I really appreciate ;-)

    And a rare shot of you in typical grandpa action. Next time around take him on a motorcycle trip...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I'd love to, once his feet reach the pegs ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm smiling. Give them a bonk on the head and hand 'em back ... And I bet it was better than the best day he's ever had. Grand parents rock!

    ReplyDelete