Tuesday 5 December 2017

Birmingham Bike show and more

Last week I braved the elements to venture North to the Birmingham Motorbike show - mainly as I had read so much about this years new bikes, and I was eager to see them in the metal, especially the new Kawasaki Z900rs and the 650 twin Royal Enfields. The Kawasaki looked pretty good so I'll take one for a test ride when they come out.
RE 650

New Z900rs

Z900 cafe racer

Ducati Desert Sled with 1 litre engine


New Triumph Tiger with TFT dash

New Triumph small cruiser

Triumph Bobber


Norton California







Proposed new Tenere

WTF?




 And there's more .... last week I decided to escape the English winter, so I've rented myself a flat in Marbella, southern Spain for a couple of months. Its warmer, but not much - currently 14 degC - but blue skies make it a bit more bearable. Went for a hike up the mountain behind Marbella yesterday, 17km straight up to Ojen, reached altitude of 1238 metres!!! Having a rest today, completely knackered.

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I am jealous you got to see the new bikes. We don't have any bike shows nearby anymore.

    That Kawasaki 900 looks great, but here it will have a $11,000 price tag. Ouch.

    Enjoy Spain, looks like the sunshine will do you good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trobairitz, well it was a 3 hr ride up to Birmingham, but the London show isn't until February and I couldn't wait that long! It was good to see all the new bikes, plus it's a huge venue with 3 halls so not too crowded to see and sit on the bikes. I even treated myself to one of those fancy crash helmets with a peak so will look better in the bike selfies next year ;)
    Spain is better for me in winter, my arthritis isn't so bad with sun on my back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The RE650 looks especially nice with that Bonneville style, never seen it before. I wonder what the price tag will be.

    Enjoy your time in Spain. Hiking is good for body and soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonja, in the U.K the RE's are reasonable price, the 500's sell around £4000. I think they will keep the price fairly low. It was a nice looking bike, good to see a new air cooled twin.
      As you say, hiking is good for the soul. I chose Marbella as there's a good few nice walks up into the Sierra, although I'd forgotten the temperature drops with altitude (doh!) it was pretty cold up at 1200metres! Luckily I've brought some layers & a warm jacket!

      Delete