Sunday 28 January 2018

A quite unusual car and bike show in Malaga

I'd seen that there was to be a car and bike show in Malaga, so yesterday morning I drove over from Marbella to take a look. The exhibition centre is a huge new building on the outskirts of town, as I arrived the car park was full of 'modern' classics with plenty of people strolling around taking a look. Once inside I was amazed at how few people there were inside - if this had been at home it would have been mobbed.

Just at the entrance were a number of excellent restored classic cars on show with lots of space around them for viewing. Further back were some single-make club stands, SEAT being the largest, but with a big Porsche showing.


  Further back again were a number of cars, motorbikes and scooters for sale, and quite an eclectic selection as you can see - everything from 2CV through E-types; VW campervans to porsches.
 The local scooter clubs were well represented, especially Vespa; they had some great-looking restored bikes on show.


 This Lambretta looked like it would make a nice daily runabout, especially at the price.
You want tail lights? We got tail lights!
 Then as I walked around further, there were trade stands, autojumble stalls selling everything you could need to rebuild that 1927 Sturmy-Bongo single scylinder motorbike; bits-and-bobs and all manner of auto-related items.
 A great collection of unusual motorbikes of all makes and models.



Then we get to the unusual part - in a second, adjacent hall were more club stands with more modern cars and bikes on display, many for sale. The sale technique seemed to be - start the engine, rev the nuts off the bike or car filling the hall with noise and fumes, then attempt a short burn-out on the polished concrete floor, all this with spectators and other vehicle owners doing the same thing. Chaos!! 

After a while it all got a bit much for me so I left, drove down into the old town centre and had a delicious vegan meal in one of the established veggie restaurants - their vegan chocolate cake dessert is actually the best I have ever tasted!! An excellent day out. Oh, and by the way, I took many, many photos, but this ridiculous new Dell laptop I bought, running Windows 10 is so incompetent that I can't upload them to the blog page. Or maybe it's me!

6 comments:

  1. I'd blame the Dell, never you!!

    What an eclectic mix of cars and bikes. A good find and worth the drive I'd say. Especially with vegan chocolate cake after!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could have uploaded more photos - there were some really unusual vehicles there. And it's always good to finish the day with chocolate cake! I'm having luck with the vegan restaurants here, seems to be a big movement towards gluten free and vegan.

      Delete
  2. There you are, John, in Marbella. Not the worst place to be given this time of the year. Glad to hear the Spanish have meanwhile caught up re. gluten free and vegan. Only the French didn't seem to care about this.

    Nice exhibition by the way, love the 2CV in the background. Bummer, that Dell screwed up the picture parade. The hell with them. Change to Apple...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sonja, it's good to escape Northern Europe winter for a few months.
      Gluten-free is big here, I have a gluten-free bakery nearby so lots of temptations!
      Car show was very different from the crowded displays we get at home, a mix of upmarket classics and Spanish chaos!
      Dell is rubbish, I thought my old laptop needed changing as it was slow & runs Windows 7 - the new one is slower! Maybe you're right, time to get something decent.

      Delete
  3. Windows 10 is complete crap. A feature of Southern European life is the lack of rust.

    ReplyDelete